Primary School (1st – 6th Grade)
Our certified German and/or English speaking primary school teachers offer a varied and challenging environment which is enriched and supported by specialist teachers in sports and handicrafts. The goal is to provide students with knowledge, critical thinking skills and proper learning techniques so that they are motivated to reach their potential and are well prepared for the next step in their educational journey.
- Entry into Lakeside School Küsnacht is possible throughout the year.
- Registration can occur only after a discussion with the Head of School.
Age of Admission
- 1st Grade: 6th birthday prior to 31 July
- 2nd Grade: 7th birthday prior to 31 July
English and German Speaking Teachers
- Classes are taught by both the English and German speaking teachers during the week alternating between a two or three day rhythm.
- Both teachers are responsible for the class.
Lessons (including supervision during lunch)
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:45 – 15:20.
- Wednesday from 8:45 – 12:30 (there is no school for any children in the afternoon)
- Homework guidelines are based on the following framework:
- 1st grade: approximately 10 minutes daily (plus reading)
- 2nd grade: approximately 20 minutes daily (plus reading)
- In the 4th to 6th grade homework can be worked on voluntarily during the lunch break.
- The overall evaluation takes into account academic performance as well as learning, working and social behavior.
- One official “parent talk“ per school year.
- Two reports per school year (with grades as from the 2nd grade)
- Depending on the class: forest days, field trips, overnight trips
- Multiple class events such as project week, sports day, performances, school festivals, etc.
- A small auditorium which can be used by the whole school
- Modern IT equipment in the classroom
- Music (including choir)
- French (5th and 6th grades)
- As required:
- German as a Second Language (“DAZ”)
- English as a Second Language (ESL) as required
- Learning Therapist