Kindergarten (KG 1 & KG 2)
In 1st and 2nd Kindergarten the development of differentiated perception and social learning is central to our teaching. Through systematic learning, using all the senses, basic skills are established preparing the way for entry to the 1st grade and forming a basis for the aquisition of reading and writing skills in the two languages. Our well-trained German-speaking or English-kindergarten teachers work methodically using both open and structured techniques.
- Entry into Lakeside School Küsnacht is possible throughout the year.
- Registration can occur only after a discussion with the Head of School.
Age of Admission
- 1st Kindergarten: 4th birthday prior to 31 July
- 2nd Kindergarten: 5th birthday prior to 31 July
School Day (including supervision during lunch)
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9:00 – 15:15
- Wednesday from 8:45 - 12:30 (there is no school for children on Wednesday afternoons)
Lessons and Supervision
- Our two kindergarten classes are mixed age classes in comparison to the primary grades.
- Both German and English care givers are responsible for the class.
- Two Kindergarten teachers team teaching (one German speaking teacher / one English speaking teacher).
- One Kindergarten teacher (Assistant is present as required)
- Two afternoons of English and German per wee
- 19-20 children (split as equally as possible betwen 1st & 2nd Kindergarten)
Language of Instruction
- German (Swiss German and High German)
- Forest afternoons, forest weeks, field trips
- Class events across different grade levels such as project week, sport’s day, performances, school festivals, traditions, etc.
- Gymnastics at nearby gymnasium