Primary School (Grade 1 - 6)
Our qualified German and/or English speaking primary school teachers offer a varied and challenging environment, which is enriched and supported by specialist teachers in sports, handicrafts, drama and music. The goal is to provide students with knowledge, critical thinking skills and proper learning techniques so that they are motivated to reach their potential and are well-prepared for the next step in their educational journey.
- Entry into Lakeside School Horgen is possible throughout the year.
- Registration can occur only after a discussion with the Head of School.
Age of Admission
- Grade 1: 6th birthday prior to 31 July
- Grade 2: 7th birthday prior to 31 July
- Grade 1: maximum 20 children
- Grade 2 - 6: maximum 18 children
English and German Speaking Teachers
- Subjects are taught on an alternating weekly basis by the English or German speaking teacher.
- Both teachers are responsible for the class.
School Day (including care during lunch)
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8.45 – 15.45
- Wednesday from 8.45 – 12.00 (there is no school for children in the afternoon)
- On four days of the week the children take advantage of the last 30 to 40 minutes of the school day to do some of their homework. The teacher is present to answer questions and to ensure that the children can complete assignments at home, independently or with minimal assistance.
- The overall evaluation takes into account academic performance as well as learning, working and social behavior.
- One official parent talk per school year.
- Two reports per school year (with notes as of Grade 2)
- Depending on the class: forest days, field trips, overnight trips
- Multiple class events such as project week, sports day, performances, school fesitvals, etc.
- Own gym
- Gym and general meeting place for the whole school
- Music (including choir)
- French (Grade 5 + 6)
- German as a Second Language (DaZ) / English as a Second Language (ESL) as required