In Kindergarten 1 + 2 the development of differentiated perception and social learning is central to our teaching. Through systematic learning and using all the senses, basic skills are established preparing the way for entry to the Grade 1 and forming a basis for the acquisition of reading and writing skills in the two languages. Our well-trained German and English speaking kindergarten teachers work methodically using both open and structured techniques.
- Entry into Lakeside School Horgen is possible throughout the year.
- Registration can occur only after a discussion with the Head of School.
Age of Admission
- Kindergarten 1: 4th birthday prior to 31 July
- Kindergarten 2: 5th birthday prior to 31 July
School Day (including care during lunch)
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8.45 - 15.45
- Wednesday from 8.45 - 12.00 (there is no school for children on Wednesday afternoons)
- An additional afternoon off is possible on Tuesday or Thursday
- Kindergarten: 20 children maximum
Organization / Care
- Our two kindergarten classes are mixed age classes.
- Both German and English teachers are responsible for the class.
- Two kindergarten teachers team teaching (one German speaking teacher / one English speaking teacher).
- One kindergarten teacher + one assistant (when there are more than 15 children)
- Two afternoons of English and German per week
Language of Instruction
- Forest days, excursions
- Class events across different grade levels such as project week, sports day, performances, school festivals, traditions, etc.
- Swimming lessons with sports teacher
- Own gymnasium for gym class